- This event has passed.
HES at Greater Boston Food Bank
Join the HEAA for a morning volunteering at the Greater Boston Food Bank.The Greater Boston Food Bank (GBFB) was founded with a bold and compassionate vision to end hunger here to create a hunger free Eastern Massachusetts within its 190 cities and towns.
This is an opportunity to meet fellow alumni and students as well as give back to the local Boston community. Please arrive at 9:15PM – our volunteer shift runs from 9:30AM- 12/Noon (2.5 hours). At the conclusion of our shift, we will provide lunch.
What will we be doing?
- All volunteers are trained in food and warehouse safety at the beginning of the shift.
- Volunteers will inspect, sort and package donated grocery products that are later distributed to hunger relief agencies.
- Volunteers work together as a team on an assembly line and may be working alongside other groups.
- You might load boxes onto conveyor belts, inspect and/or sort products, and others may check and label cases of product.
- *A few of these tasks require the ability to lift up to 50lb boxes, but the majority of positions simply require that a volunteer can stand and inspect products for a few hours.*
Additional Information from GBFB:
All volunteers must be 16 years of age and older regardless of parental permission or attendance. Any volunteer under 18 must be accompanied by an adult chaperone.
We have a CLOSED-TOE SHOE POLICY (no sandals or flip flops) as we are a working warehouse. Those wearing open-toed shoes will not be allowed to volunteer.
We recommend wearing comfortable clothing you do not mind getting dirty. We recommend wearing layers during winter months as our warehouse can be chilly.
Please note: We have a limited number of spots for volunteers at the GBFB. If space is no longer available and you are interested volunteering at the next HEAA in the Community, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LocationThe Greater Boston Food Bank
70 South Bay Avenue
Boston, MA 02118